Egypt Condemns Israeli Killing of 210 Palestinians to Rescue 4 Hostages

0
299

A surprise Israeli rescue operation in Gaza’s Nuseirat refugee camp saw 210 Palestinian civilians reportedly killed, 400 more injured, and four Israeli captives recovered on Saturday, 8 June. Dubbed ‘Operation Arnon’ by the Israeli military, the ‘rescue operation’ initially commenced as a ground operation. During the operation, the Israeli Defense Forces (IDF) faced gunfire from Hamas fighters in Nuseirat, the IDF’s spokesperson said, resulting in Israel using airstrikes and on-ground missiles in the civilian-dense area. The hostages successfully rescued by the IDF include Noa Argamani, 26, Almog Meir Jan, 21, Andrey Kozlov, 27, and Shlomi Ziv, 41 – first taken hostage on 7 October during Israel’s annual Nova music festival. The IDF later “acknowledged” that several of the casualties were Palestinian civilians but blamed Hamas for holding hostages in civilian zones. While Gaza health authorities reported more than 200 people had been killed, Israel said that the number was less than 100. Egypt was quick to condemn the attack strongly, calling it a “blatant violation” of international law and human rights. The statement also held Israel legally and morally responsible for the assault. Other Western governments and media outlets framed…

This content is for members only. Visit the site and log in/register to read.

The post Egypt Condemns Israeli Killing of 210 Palestinians to Rescue 4 Hostages first appeared on Egyptian Streets.

Source: egyptianstreets