Troops kill 121 Boko Haram fighters, bandits in Borno and Katsina

0
789

Troops have reportedly neutralised 100 Boko Haram/Islamic State West Africa Province terrorists while 174 have surrendered to the Nigerian military.

Director, Defence Media Operations (DMO), Maj-Gen. Bernard Onyeuko, made this known yesterday, at a briefing to update newsmen on military operations across the country.

In his words: “Over the past weeks, the armed forces of Nigeria and other security agencies have continued to tackle the various security challenges facing the country. The briefing covered February 24 to March 10, 2022.

“Troops of Operation Hadin Kai (OPHK), within the last two weeks, sustained aggressive posture by conducting clearance operations in the fight against terrorists and other criminal elements in the theatre of operations.”

The Chairman of Guma, Caleb Aba, who confirmed the incident said there was no provocation.

“One cannot explain the reasons for this renewed killing because there was no provocation at all. The herders just came, attacked the people and ran back into Nasarawa. This last one happened today (Thursday) between 03:00a.m. and 04:00a.m,” he said.

Meanwhile, Secretary to the Government of the Federation (SGF), Mr. Boss Mustapha, has said that over 30,000 Boko Haram/ISWAP terrorists and their families have so far surrendered in the North East.

Mustapha, who disclosed this during a stakeholders’ engagement on the current security challenges in the North West in Kaduna, yesterday, noted that threats of the separatists in the South East and South South have reduced.

Represented by Director Special Service, David Attah, the SGF expressed government’s commitment in ending security challenges ravaging the country by using kinetic and non-kinetic approach.

“The Federal Government is concerned with these challenges and has been working assiduously to reduce them to the barest minimum. Tackling insecurity is one of the three priority areas of the present administration,” he added.