• HELD VIA VIDEO CONFERENCE ON MONDAY, 14TH JUNE 2021
The Emergency Committee of Nigeria Football Federation met via video conference on Monday, 14th June 2021 to deliberate on pressing matters regarding disciplinary issues and clear rule-breaches in the Nigeria Professional Football League and Nigeria National League, among other issues in Nigeria Football, and resolved as follows:
1) Following briefing from the General Secretary on the resolution of the recent joint meeting between the Leagues and the NFF Organizing Committee to review compliance with COVID-19 protocols by the various Clubs involved in the Leagues, and briefing by the League Management Company on the unfortunate incidents/clear breach of COVID-19 protocols and safety guidelines in the Match Day 27 involving Kano Pillars and Akwa United in Kaduna on 13th June 2021, the Committee
directed the LMC to ensure strict application of the provisions of the rule book against the defaulting persons and parties. This must be done immediately, taking full cognizance of the resolution of the joint meeting of the NFF Organizing Committee and the Leagues on 9th June 2021 as well as the relevant rules and regulations.
2) The Emergency Committee approved all the recommendations of the Organizing Committee and resolved that there must henceforth be zero tolerance for breaches of the extant rules including COVID-19 protocols, by Clubs or Match officials.
3) Following briefing from the NFF Secretariat on the status of cases pending before the NFF Disciplinary Committee, the Emergency Committee directed the Secretariat to ensure the NFF Disciplinary Committee sits promptly to deliberate on and dispose of all cases by Thursday, 17th June 2021 at the latest. The cases include the NPFL match, FC IfeanyiUbah Vs MFM FC; the NNL match, Remo Stars Vs Bendel Insurance FC and; NNL match, Zamfara United Vs Malumfashi United, among others.
4) Following briefing from the NFF Organizing Committee on the status of the AITEO Federation Cup 2021, particularly the adherence to the request for prompt submission of representatives of various States for the National Competition by State FAs, the Emergency Committee directed the Organizing Committee and the Secretariat to ensure that in organizing the National Competition, there is total compliance with the CAF directives, regarding the submission of Nigeria’s representatives for next season’s continental competitions. The Committee also instructed the Organizing Committee and Secretariat to ensure that the competition takes place under the highest standards possible in the circumstances and that COVID-19 protocols and safety
guidelines are strictly adhered to.
Amaju Melvin Pinnick (Chairman)
Seyi Akinwunmi (Vice Chairman)
Shehu Dikko (Member)
Ibrahim Musa Gusau (Member)
Yusuf Ahmed ‘Fresh’ (Member)
Babagana Kalli (Member);
Mohammed Sanusi (Secretary)
ABSENT WITH APOLOGY: Felix Anyansi-Agwu (Member)