Even though he has left Belgium, Nigeria’s Super Eagle forward Paul Onuachu still remained the African top scorer in this season’s Jupiler League.
Onuachu left Genk for the English Premier League side Southampton during the winter transfer window.
The lanky forward was already on 16 goals before his departure and to date, no player from the continent has been able to overtake him.
Ghanaian Joseph Paintsil, who scored a brace against Anderlecht last weekend and has 14 goals in 30 games played in the Pro League.
Onuachu played 19 games ( 14 starts) in the first half of the season.
Top 5 African scorers in Jupiler Pro League
1. Paul Onuachu ex-Genkk) – 16 goals
2. Joseph Paintsil (Genk) – 14 goals
3. Zinho Gano (Zulte Waregem) – 12 goals
4. Marius Mouandilmadji (RFC Seraing) – 11 goals
5. Simon Adingra (Union Saint-Gilloise) – 10 goals